Thursday, June 4, 2009

Easy Cooking With Fresh Greens


Making Meals Ahead is soooooooo easy when using divided microwave-safe dishes. They can be frozen and enjoyed later when you are in a hurry or don't have the urge to cook. This plate contains ground beef stroganov on a bed of spaghettini, as well as carrots. While the meal was heating in the microwave, I cooked some Swiss chard that I bought from Valerie Jollimore at the Liverpool farmer's market. I added it to the heated meal and sprinkled it with salt, pepper, a bit of real butter, and a dash of balsamic vinegar. Yum...some good!
My first experience with high tech cooking was in the 1980s when I bought a Panasonic Genius Micro-Convection oven. My newest microwave is also a Panasonic Genius. The "Genius" feature is a sensor that automatically heats the food until it is the right temperature. There's no need to program power and minutes...just click the sensor button.
This is a great time of the year to enjoy greens because they are coming straight out of the local farm market gardens such as Valerie's.!